There are a few factoids that are quite interesting:
- Linux is almost as old as Notes
- The first public release of MS Exchange was 4.0 when Notes released 4.5. Ein Schelm wer einen Zufall vermutet
- Symbian predated Blackberry by 5 years
- Sharepoint was introduced in the same year as IE6, could there be coincidences to the pain level?
- Android was released in the same year as the iPhone, but it took a year before phones were available
- There seems to be a huge period of inactivity after the 5.0 release.
However there were not less than 12 point releases of the 5.0 code stream (5.0.1 - 5.0.13) with 5.0.8 the most popular (as I recall).
- The biggest expansion of Notes were the following versions 6.0 / 6.5. So if history, as common saying goes, repeats itself, we are in for interesting days for Notes 9.0
- 2004/2005 was a big year for Internet technology: the term Ajax was coined, Ubuntu and Firefox had their 1.0 release
- There seems to be a huge gap between 8.5 and 9.0 of 5 years. However in each of this years IBM delivered a point release with new functionality (just some highlights listed, check the full release notes to see all):